Dr. R . LAKSHMIPATHY, PRESIDENT
“We intend to educate the students for better living standards in all we do in this part of the world”
Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy College of Science (SLCS) is run by Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy Foundation (SLF). SLCS was started in the year 1994.
SLCS aims at creating an elevated excellence in educational system, which is relevant for today’s industry requirements. Its basic design is to be in synchronization with the industry demands, so that when the students complete their degree programs they are employable and can adopt themselves to the challenging employment atmosphere in the industry. All degree programs at SLCS has top teaching faculty, state of the art infrastructure and a student friendly atmosphere to impart quality education. SLCS would be a place where theory in subjects would not only be preached but also provides a platform to practice.
SLCS encourages its functioning within a wider social and intellectual environment with a prominence on critical socio-economic processes that are shaping industry today.
Dr R Lakshmipathy is the promoter and Publisher of “Sagar Sandesh” Maritime English Weekly Newspaper. He is the Publisher of Dinamalar, the leading Tamil Daily Newspaper with 62 years of standing. Dinamalar is now published from 10 different centers in Tamil Nadu. It has a combined circulation of over one million copies per day. He is also the President of Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy Foundation, Madurai, and a charitable trust, incorporated in the year 1989 under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956, to manage educational institutions.
Positions Held in Newspaper Industry
- Chairman, Press Trust of India, New Delhi-1998-99 , 2006-07 and 2012-13
- President, Indian Newspaper Society, New Delhi-1992-93 & continuing as Executive Committee Member
- Member, Press Council of India, New Delhi-2001-2004,2011-2014.
- Member, National Integration Council, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi 2005-2008.
- President, Indian Languages Newspaper Association, Mumbai 2001-2003.
Services in the Educational Field
- Syndicate Member, Madurai Kamaraj University1989 -1991
- Senate Member, Bharathiyar University1997 -2000
- Honorary Doctorate Degree was conferred by two prestigious Universities Alagappa University (2003) and Bharathiyar University (2009)
Dr.Lakshmipathy is managing the following educational institutions at Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Krishnamal Ramasubbaiyer School
- Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy College of Science
- R L Institute of Management Studies
- R L Institute of Animation & Media Studies
- R L Institute of Nautical Sciences – offering