RLIMS leaves no stones unturned in empowering all its students employable which is also the far-sighted goal of our President Dr. R. Lakshmipathy. In an attempt to attain this vision, RLIMS employs various strategies. One of them is offering Value-Added Courses especially in Banking, Finance, Insurance and Logistics. It provides students an understanding of the expectations of industry and bridges the skill gaps and make students industry-ready. In addition to acquiring subject knowledge, these Value-Added Courses enable students to keep themselves up-to-date about industry requirement. The training for this is given by industrial experts having more than three decades of experience.
|S. No||Value Added Course||Certifying Body|
|1||Certificate in Digital Banking||Indian Institute of Banking and Finance|
|2||Certificate in AML & KYC||Indian Institute of Banking and Finance|
|3||NISM||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|4||Licentiate||Insurance Institute of India|
|5||SCM – EXE||CII Institute of Logistics|
Digital Banking (Indian Institute of Banking & Finance)
- The course on ‘Digital Banking’ is intended to provide the aspirants a sound foundation in the digital banking products such as Cards, ATMs, Mobile and Internet Banking and PoS.
- On starting their career, this will make them familiar with relevant aspects such that they could help in rendering improved customer service and also will help them in properly guiding the customers as and when needed.
AML & KYC (Indian Institute of Banking & Finance)
- Banks have set up specialized departments to attend to functions like credit card business, housing loans, vehicle loans, trade finance, consumer loans, Bancassurance etc. Of late some of the banks have floated subsidiaries to take up these functions.
- Though banks offer some training to their staff to impart essential knowledge to handle these portfolios as per their requirements, there is a need for an educational programme considering the vast area of knowledge essential for such activities.
- Compliance with ‘Know Your Customer’ guidelines and ‘Anti-Money Laundering’ standards has become necessary for healthy financial relationships both by the banks/ financial institutions in India.
- The course aims to provide a comprehensive coverage of the various guidelines/ standards/ guidance notes issued by RBI/ IBA/ International bodies etc.
NISM – Mutual Fund Distributors Exam
- Part of mandatory examinations for securities market professionals – clearance enabled before passing MBA degree
- Enables candidates to be brokers, sub-brokers, distributors, agents etc. In securities markets
- Enables candidates to be self-employed
- Part of professional education with regard to ever-growing securities market
- Boosts employment opportunities in investment companies with attractive remuneration
- Students enabled to be placed in banks which look out for candidates with such additional qualification.
Licentiate (Insurance Institute of India)
- Licentiate is essentially an introductory course dealing with the two compulsory papers i.e. Principles of Insurance and Practice of Insurance (Life and Non-Life) and one more paper as optional from professional exam curriculum.
- It gives domain knowledge
- It will be considered for increment in salary and for promotions.
- It gives a great identity and respect.
- Apart from these it will also give exemption/eligibility in certain papers in some exams conducted by London institute of Insurance.
SCM – EXE (CII Institute of Logistics)
CII has launched a unique professional Certification program for Supply Chain Aspirants – “SCM EXE”. SCM Executive Certification Program by CII, offers the designation or title of SCM EXE (CII Certified Supply Chain Management Executive) to candidates who demonstrate their understanding of the Supply Chain Management subject through the successful passing of MCQ examination. (Multiple Choice Question Examination).
- The only Certification of its kind for students in India
- Topics cover end-to-end supply chain aspects
- The Certification is from CII, 118+ year legacy organization having complete understanding of Indian Industry
- Flexible and self-paced learning
- More of test centers for easy access
Examination conducted during April, August, and December